Friday, June 27, 2008

Confession 5

Announcement from Lyons:

Angst has this thing where she likes to STEAL direct posts from my livejournal to put in our shared blog. This is one of those entries.

As soon as I found out that Angst took my latest update and plastered it on our myspace blog, I texted her with a "No way! Take that DOWN!" message to which she replied, "Leave it up!" and then threaten to put it back up in it's full glory this afternoon while I'm at Summerfest. *sigh* And she would. Oh she would. Don't ever challenge Angst for you will lose.

Sooooo, in effort to show some compromise, I plan on leaving it as is without any edits to it. I planned on making it sound nicer to all your blog readers out there - I have a nice girl image to maintain - but with a little enouragement from the people around me, *tada* it's staying as is. Aren't you all lucky. Enjoy:


Well last night was a bust. And before I go on any farther, I rarely go to a bad show. For the amount of bands I see in a month, you would think the qouta for attending a bad show would be on the higher side. It's not. Back to last night though: there were only about 30 people and I'm surprised Ryan's ego even fit through the doors of the Rave.

On the plus side, I did see Scotty from A Shot At Love 2. That was as exciting as it got.

Why was Scotty there? I do not know. But he kept looking at us while random people walked up to him but that could be because I gave him the stare down when we first walked in. Anyway my big goal of the night, minus having a small photo shoot with Ryan, was to walk up to Scotty to get our photo taken for ONTD. Yep...I want 5 seconds of ONTD fame. *shifts eyes* Leave me alone man. Don't judge.

Well Scotty didn't stay for the whole set - I'm still confused as to why he was even there to begin with because he looked bored - and afterward Ryan announced they were doing meet 'n greets backstage after the show. We've all heard wicked cool things about the set up of the back staging area of the Eagles Club so I was tempted to hustle my way back there.

To do a meet 'n greet with Ryan Cabrera COSTS YOU $20. Twenty freaking dollars. Is he nuts? I laughed at his manager and walked away with Jessie right away. No way. I don't pay to "meet" anyone. Ridiculous. Who paid the $20? The other 28 people that were there.

So Jessie and I headed back to the car to look at her Rome photos and before we knew it, the bands were loading out. Curious, we wandered over to the Cabrera bus. Mere seconds later little later Mr. Cabrera sauntered out, Jessie called out to him, he looked directly at us, he turned his head, and he flat out ignored us.

Nice.

No wonder Ashlee left his ass.

The Pros:
-Jessie. Who, by the way, smelled of Rome. She just completed a three week stint there. She looks different man. Maybe it's the tan ;)
-Free passes
-Parking on the side of the building. When does that EVER happen? I'll tell you when-when no one shows up to see the show.
-Scotty from Tila Tequila
-Amazing fries were found at 1AM courtesy of the disease infested McDonald's

Cons:
-Missed photo op with Scotty
-Was repeatedly bumped into by the girl to my right who had a heart attack every time a song started O_o
-Jessie got hardcore dissed by Ryan Cabrera - the one hit wonder. THAT however might be on the "pro" side because it was FUNNY as hell.

Cheers man. Judging by the 30 people that paid a ton of money to see you, your personality is clearly what's keeping them coming back for more. Keep it up and maybe time you'll have even less people at your show.

Oh and Ryan? Cisco Adler called. He wants his look back.

The End.

No comments: