Sunday, July 27, 2008

Confession 10

I am Officially changing my name to Suzanna

Boys and Girls, sometimes relationships just don't work out. it doesn't mean that they don't love each other anymore but lets just say sometimes people just don't make it together. That being said, sad news, the wildbirds are officially divorced.

i personally am very sad. Golden Daze is one of my Top 5 favorite CDs & a band like that doesn't roll around everyday.

The Wildbirds had their very last show EVER on July 26th and they, as always killed it. I was up front loving every minute of it with Lyons. I introduced her to them about 8 months ago, specifically because i didn't want to go to the AIDs infested dive bar that they were playing at alone, but lyons left a big fan.

So i was a little confused when i saw their opening act but it was really entertaining non-the-less. it was 4 drag queens preforming to random songs, the one that did the Spice Girls jam was my favorite! She/he ripped off the first layer of clothes to reveal a beaded british flag ensemble.

After the queens, i was pretty amped for the wildbirds to come out. And when they did it took everything i had not to go a little fan girl, however, if i did lift my sundress over my head and start screaming for Nicholas, Jonathan, or Hugh, i don't believe any of them would notice or care. it was a good old fashion rock show, equipped with the token drunk man, who handed Nicholas a bottle of something, that without thinking he took a swig of and handed it back to the token drunk man. there was the drunk girl dancing like a stripper. someone smoking pot in the street. the power kept turning off in the middle of the songs. it happened 5 times i believe. and plenty of hippie-tastic girls and boys.

i looked to Stroik to hold me up, so i wouldn't collapse into a pile of teary eyed beads and linen fabric during Suzanna, but she didn't think it was worth the effort. since i got my new computer i can't tech. say its the 1 most played song on my itunes, but it did hold that position of a solid 9 months. if there were anyway i could arrange for nicholas to sing me to sleep every night with that song i think i would do whatever it took.

Well, i am happy that i got to attend the last show. i knew they were broken up a while ago, oddly enough Taylor Hanson told me (i knew before taylor told me but it sounds more scandalous that way), but i am glad they did one last show & it was in WI.

cheers to the Wildbird with a Cig in one hand and a beer in the other!

music- none, just a moment of silence...

No comments: